July 15, 2016
As the summer’s at its peak now and the weekend is coming, what can be better than having a glass of cold, refreshing and fresh drink . In one of the previous articles we already had a look at the real Spanish sangria recipe. We hope you checked it out and now you are ready for some more cool recipes of summer cocktails and drinks.
Scientists argue that lemonade may have appeared in the medieval Egypt for the first time. It doesn’t matter whether it’s true or not, classic lemonade seems to be one of the most popular summer drinks among all people worldwide. It’s not only tasty but also very easy to make.
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed 10-12 lemons
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart ice
- pinch salt
- Mix lemon juice with sugar. Blend them until sugar dissolves completely;
- Add a pinch of salt and water;
- Stir all the ingredients to combine;
- Finally, pour the lemonade into a pitcher with ice. And, that’s it.
Serve it in ice-filled glasses and a smile. Enjoy!
This is a perfect drink to accompany you on a hot summer day, or night. This is a fantastic fizzy cocktail with a gentle touch of ginger spice.
- 50 grams fresh root ginger
- 300g sugar
- 2 lemons
- 200ml water
- sparkling water
- quart ice
- Slice lemons and chop the ginger roughly;
- Put lemons, ginger and sugar in a pan;
- Pour water and bring the mixture to a boil. Take it off the heat until sugar completely dissolves;
- Pour the lemonade into the pitcher and add some sparkling water.
This is a great alternative to ready-made lemonades from a shop. Ideal for the summer and perfect for your company.
To make a refreshing lemonade, you can probably mix everything the summer’s got to offer. Now we would like to bring to you one of the most interesting lemonade recipes that has both a berry and herbal flavour.
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen would both do)
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- 1 cup sugar
- quart ice
- You need to make a lavender syrup first. Place sugar and 1 cup water in a sauce pot. Bring them to a boil and simmer till the sugar dissolves completely;
- Add lavender, cover and let it steep for 10 minutes maximum. Let it chill;
- Strain lavender syrup into a blender and add blueberries. Puree it until it becomes smooth;
- Pour the blended blueberries into a pitcher;
- Add lemon juice and 3 1/2 water to the pitcher.
If you like strawberries or raspberries instead, feel free to play with this recipe and make it truly yours.
Do you know some other cool summer recipes? Feel free to write in comments below or just email to us at email@example.com.
Enjoy the summer with MeetnGreetMe and…cheers! ;)